Friday 8 October 2010

Idea Advancement

So, I've been considering what idea I would like to take forward for my project. My preliminary ideas were split between an artsy, pretty, depth-of-field manipulating cut out voice over story of what it takes to be an ice hockey player. The other idea was a very simple but stylized take on a platform video game, a light hearted animation.

However I am very aware that many 'first ideas' can be a waste, and otherwise throw away thoughts. So i progressed on and found several animations, sayings etc that I liked, and came up with this idea.

The animation would follow a small rabbit along his journey, as he is left by the side of the road, in the rain and he takes shelter in a near by train tunnel. We follow him through the darkness with scary happenings along the way, spiders, bats, eyes in the dark etc, until he eventually finds a lit-up oasis of other pets that have been abandoned by their owners, and have set up a shanty town and live in happiness, then the rabbit is hit by a train. Fin.

So yeah, I really like this idea and am heavily considering taking it on as my project, though I am keeping an open slot for other ideas, I'm pretty hooked up on this one. Now if I can figure out how to get images up on here you can have a gander at some of my doodles for this...

No comments:

Post a Comment