Thursday 21 October 2010

Development.

So after proposing my idea to tutors and group, it would seem that people thought the pets shanty town to be a bolt on accessory, so, here is my defense, or justification maybe...

The shanty town is supposed to be symbolic of the rabbits home, as though his owner doesn't want him, so now he has to find his place, and when he finds this place, he is welcome to live with all of the other animals that are without an owner. Hence why when he is brutalized by a train its quite shocking.

An idea which was given to me however was that maybe the rabbit is going from light to light, like the phrase "caught in the lights" like a rabbit. So I didn't want to ditch the shanty town, but I did want to incorporate this light idea. So heres what I was thinking: maybe the rabbit keeps finding these fairy lights and such things, with paw prints on the walls leading him to the shanty town. This way the story becomes slightly more light hearted (until the end) and I can cut the majority of crappy story in the middle out.

No comments:

Post a Comment